Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Doe's...Yeeehawww!

Today Jared and Marcie announced their move to Frisco, TX this February.  McDowell Mountain Community Church has been home to Jared for much of his adult life.  Don, his father, planted the church in the mid 90's and it's continued to grow and change since then.  Don married Steve and I. Emma and Averie were dedicated here.  I look forward to the community it brings each week and I am so very thankful that I have found it. Jared has always said that he wants to plant new churches, just a matter of time.  I have no doubt in my mind that this is the right move for their family.  Knowing how right it is doesn't take away the sadness that I have in my heart. 
My little sister Marcie and I have grown together as sisters in a way that I could have never imagined over the past few years.  Every Tuesday night we meet up with a group of amazing women.  We have laughed, cried, been inappropriate, but most importantly...we've been accountable to one another in our faith.  This is a new thing for me.  Something tugging at my heart for a while.  I finally took the step to learn more about God and the relationship that he wants to have with us.  I am constantly in awe about what he has done in my life and what is to come.  It still doesn't take away the sadness that I have in my heart.
Having the gift of being close to your family is such an incredible blessing.  Watching Sophia and Micah interact with my children is something that I have cherished every chance I've been lucky enough to have.  I know that this is a temporary gift and that soon they will be sharing their light in another state.  I know that Jared and Marcie will bless so many people and that we can't keep them here all to ourselves.  It still doesn't take away the sadness in my heart. 
Marcie has left me with something that I can never repay her for.  Memories that I will never forget.  Faith that has become stronger so she can move on and instill it in others.  I am beyond sad, but so thankful for this gift.  I love you Doe's.  I can't wait to see this next chapter unfold. 

No comments: